Saturday, May 5, 2012


Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dave & Andy's

Let's face it, every city loves to have the local icecream spot and sometimes they are nationaly acclaimed.  This is the case with Dave & Andy's in Pittsburg, PA.  They where on the top privatly owned icecream's of USA Today and man do they deserve to be on that list!
If you don't look for it you wont find it but all the locals know about it.  I was with a group of friends at a Young Single Adult Conference in Pittsburg when the person two of us where staying with said we had to go and have their great icecream. So the next night while a dance was going on we went.  We walk down the street and the sign was jutting out and we walk in with great expectations.  The icecream is what makes the place great!  The feeling is rustic but they know that there good and they know people will come.  A guy from a local restraunt was in front of us picking up there order to make their customers happy. 
I felt adventures and saw they had Black Walnut.  My Dad loves that so I thought I would see if it was any good.  Oh ya!  It wasn't the taiste of icecream with a mix of walnut flavor in it, it was pure black walnut flavor, with black walnuts in it!  I loved everybite of it and it's truly for the diehard black walnut lovers because half way through I could have stopped (but when it's that good you just can't stop!).
All my friends that where there loved theres and it was well worth the almost 2 1/2 mile walk to get there.
Thanks Jason, Katie, Carrie, Amy, Amanda, and new friend for going on that great excursion!

No comments:

Post a Comment